The Goals of the World Harp Congress are to:
- Promote the performing arts with special emphasis on harp composition, education, appreciation and performance.
- Sponsor an international harp congress with exhibits every three years.
- Encourage young harpists; in particular through the Focus on Youth concerts at each congress.
- Publish an annual world-wide directory of members.
- Establish international communication by publishing the World Harp Congress Review twice a year with a network of correspondents throughout the world.
- Ensure support of the harp through the World Harp Congress Phia Berghout Endowment Fund.
- Provide opportunities to promote the harp and support harpists of all levels throughout the world for better mutual understanding, support and friendship.